FIA Card Service - FIA, Bank of America, Idiots!

Dec 21, 2009
review #165265

I called today to get a replacement for a damaged card, nothing more.I first talked to a nice guy that said he would get it taken care of, then he connected me to the Devil.

After being berated for about 5 minutes with a series of questions, I finally interrupted and said; "you know I only need to replace my damaged card..." He told me to hold a minute and came back and told me they were closing my account. I was/am in shock at the stupidity. I have had this card for three years and it has been my primary card, I spent on average 5k a month on this card and never once carried a balance, not once, paid in full monthly, on time! They said it was because my employment had changed, so what!

Do we really wonder why banking is in such crisis?

Idiots!Stay away!

64d87b6
Had an experience with FIA Card Service?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
vexed Teletech employee

May 01, 2013 Whitefish, Montana

FIA card services is owned by bank of america and if you knew how many banks we cover such as wells fargo, Barclays, Soverign bank Glacier bank and any time you see FIA card services on your account know that BOA owns it

FIA Card Services - Bank of Am

Apr 21, 2012

On/about April 17, 2012, I received a written notice via the U.S. mail, from Bank of America (BA)
advising me that I have their BankAmericard Platinum Visa Credit Card (C/C). Having a previously issued FIA Card Services Credit Card, I immediately contacted the BA’s customer service (CS) and determined that BA had now assumed all of FIA’s credit accts and that the C/C was a reissued C/C for me, now under Bank of America.

Having not recv’d any new BA C/C, like any responsible adult concerned with possible lost mail and a potential identity takeover/fraud, I then contacted the BA CS and spoke with a Hispanic CS male representative, who advised he would closed the BA C/C and send me a new C/C by next Wednesday (04/25/12); but that I could still use the FIA C/C, until I received and activated the new BA C/C. Later that day, I found that the FIA C/C acct was CLOSED also.

I then contacted the BA CS for a second time, and was advised by a very nice female rep that she’d overnight the new BA C/C due to the inconvenience.

On 4/20/12, having not received any overnight BA C/C, I contacted the BA CS for yet a third time and was advised that overnight C/C shipments cannot be sent to a PO Box, only a physical street address—and that my account has only a PO Box.

In speaking with a female BA CS supervisor, I was advised that she’d provide feedback to the previous CS reps and that the earliest I could
... Show more

Jim

Jul 22, 2011

These people appear to be criminals. I have no business with Bank of America. I have no credit card debt. Yet I am called on my mobile phone by 866-367-8750 repeatedly, asking in heavily accented English for some unknown name. These people get your info, then steal your money. They are criminals.

0 0 Reply
The person who knows whats goi

Jun 01, 2011

Credit cards companies love when you pay your balance at the end of the month. Thats not how they make all their money.

They make the buisness pay them a percentage of each sale made with their card. How do you think they offer all those rewards? Free points? Free checking accounts? Businesses pay for it.

if you want to really help the economy, and youre tired of seeing prices go up, pay off your credit cards and use cash.
otherwise, dont complain....remember, nothing in life is free.

BRANDON

May 27, 2011

IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY THERE ARE TERMS YOU AGREE TO WHEN YOU USE THE CARD IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT USE THE CARD

just passing by

Dec 14, 2010

seriously, why is everyone so bent on ruining their lives by using OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY? i can't imagine using a credit card to pay for stuff that i can save up for.... THAT'S a big part of why this country is in trouble. good customers/bad customers, it doesn't matter... everyone seems to be losing... yet we want to continue with bad habits.. I'm just saying.

May 17, 2010

Get some satisfaction by causing fia/BofA some irritation and expense - at no expense to you! Here's how:

Look for any prepaid envelope or credit card application from fia/BofA. Leave it blank and seal it up, taping the edges of the prepaid envelope/application to a flat rate envelope from the post office. Fia/BofA then is charged $4.50 + about $.20 for the use of prepaid permit for each item sent to them in this manner. So, cost to them is about $4.70 per item, not including the personnel time to open up both the flat rate envelope and the sealed envelope/application to find zero.
Seeing the number of viewers to this site, imagine if each of a thousand of us make it a point to send out 100 a year. Such equals to: 1,000 X 100 = 100,000 prepaid flat rate envelopes X $4.70 ea = $470,000 off the bottom line, not including the personnel time to open each item.

May 17, 2010

Celebrated today by closing the fia credit card and requested the credit balance be sent out to me. Having earlier paid off fia's credit card, leaving just a small credit balance on purpose, now it'll cost them some physical time and exp to issue out the credit.
It's time to cause them some grief w/wasted man hours and expense - will explain how this can be done w/no expense to you on next entry.

confused1

May 10, 2010

:( Hey Get Serious,
You are just as *** at the company you work for. The real story has been told. I NEVER carried a balance and paid on time every month. Trust me, I know more about the credit industry than you could ever dream. Just because your some low paid phone operator for a terrible company that has helped demolish the economy of the Country, this does not make you the resident expert. I have worked in the credit industry for the last 12 years and admittedly do still have some things to learn, but why FIA acted the way they did in my case is beyond me. If you were wise you should not try and tackle issues that are obviously beyond you.

Get serious

May 07, 2010

I am one of those devils you write about. Why dont you tell them the real story. The bank may have its issues but honestly the bank loves customers who use their card often and pay off their balances on time. Ignorance breeds ignorance. Get yourself credit educated and then make your comments! :roll

May 07, 2010

Thank goodness in having experienced fia's practice of cutting credit line down to what was owed so card became useless, even w/monthly payments being timely and above minimum due. Learned fia was subsidiary of BofA and thus went and sold the BofA stock - just before the big sell off. The way they operate, we'll see BofA stock back down at $10 a share!

slaves

Jan 30, 2010

They want is to owe them money, so you cannot pay off your complete balance every month since this does not make them money. Of course they closed your account! Remember this is GREED out of control that you are communicating with - people being told to shaft everyone out of their money. This problem is systemic and now multinational. The best thing to try and do is find a way to pay without using a credit card since they are now out of control and need to be regulated. Write the Republicans that are stopping every measure that is trying to be passed in the White House, and let them know your displeasure with this system. President Obama passed some measures - yet it is still not enough to stop the fraud that is being dolled out to the American public by BIG BUSINESS and BIG BANKS.

Joe Barroso

Jan 15, 2010

Pissed Consumers need not hide the good words. Every body knows what it says.

Joe Barroso

Jan 15, 2010

Thanks fia(alias BOA)for having totally destroy the economy not only here, but worlwide, thanks to your crooks nothing is worth anything, not houses, not land not any investments we had made through the years. thanks to your greediness in rasing interest rates and calling it "as per agreement"for closing down thousands of businesses and then ask for our money to bail your *** out of trouble, you would not exist today if it werent for us, so we end up paying twice for your *** UP.But we all get what we deserve, including YOU. Next time you screw up, which will happen soon, you will not have us to bail you out again, for we all reap what we plant.See you in ***.

Jim

Dec 26, 2009

It's actually quite obvious. You never carried a balance, therefore they made no money off you. So they found an excuse to get rid of you. Credit card companies LIKE people who don't pay their bills on time, because they can rip them off with fees and interest.

×
You were reading a complaint about FIA Card Service.
Filing a new complaint about
×