Arlington, Virginia

I'm writing while on hold with FIA card services for my AmEx 2% Fidelity card. It's currently 32 minutes and counting.

The problems started when I tried to buy an airline ticket for about $300 from one European city to another. Seems like a low fraud sort of purchase since one must show id to board the plane, but apparently not to their anti-fraud computers. The charges were declined.

I called to fix the issue and...amazingly...talked to a human being. After asking a half dozen questions to verify my identity she said she'd transfer me to the fraud department. That was 34 minutes ago.

I'm on hold of course. Even their music is annoying, at least when you hear it for the 20th time.

I'd like everyone to know that FIA card services for the Fidelity AmEx is terrible. I'd communicate this to a human, if I could reach one. Instead the internet will need to suffice.

Over the past six months we've had charges declined four times, all for rather ordinary purchases. Once was for $40 of gas a few hours from home. Another time was for $400 at Wal-Mart about 15 minutes from home. In 15+ years of using multiple credit cards I'd never had any charges denied. Now, within a year, it's happened four times on one card. Interestingly, none of my other cards has had this issue.

The 2% is nice, but you pay for it with the abysmal customer service in which you cannot reach a human being. Truly, they are terrible. In the 7th circle of customer service circle *** they probably socialize with the Comcast representatives.

It's now been 38 minutes on hold. I give up. Fidelity Card Services, you won this round.

Chris C.

Arlington, VA

ps. 41 minutes and counting. I'm out.

Review about: Fidelity Amex Credit Card.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

2.0
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with FIA Card Service?

Comments

JoeLangley
Mcdonough, Georgia, United States #956146

FIA is a total *** company.