2.4
Interest Rate

I applied for a Fidelity American Express card based on the offer of 2% cash back on all purchases.When I got the card the paperwork informed me that the card was issued by FIA Card Services under license by American Express.

Therefore, none of the existing Amex protections apply. Nonetheless, I accepted the card. I've now tried to pay the balance due online via my Fidelity cash management account and I'm told that the account cannot be verified so I have to call customer service. (I find it odd as well as extremely inconvenient that the card account that is attached to my Fidelity account cannot be verified.) I did call customer service and they tell me I have to submit a form via snail mail to verify my account.

In the meantime, I cannot make a payment of more than $300 -- against a balance of several thousand dollars -- so it appears FIA/Fidelity will reap the benefit of an interest charge to me that I have no interest in incurring.Stay away from FIA and DO NOT be fooled into believing that Fidelity issues an American Express card.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). TheRealBC is overall dissatisfied with FIA Card Service. The most disappointing about fia card services automatic payment plan at FIA Card Service was self auto payment unauthorized Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about FIA Card Service.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare FIA Card Service to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with FIA Card Service?

Comments