Naples, Florida

I applied for a Fidelity American Express card based on the offer of 2% cash back on all purchases.When I got the card the paperwork informed me that the card was issued by FIA Card Services under license by American Express.

Therefore, none of the existing Amex protections apply. Nonetheless, I accepted the card. I've now tried to pay the balance due online via my Fidelity cash management account and I'm told that the account cannot be verified so I have to call customer service. (I find it odd as well as extremely inconvenient that the card account that is attached to my Fidelity account cannot be verified.) I did call customer service and they tell me I have to submit a form via snail mail to verify my account.

In the meantime, I cannot make a payment of more than $300 -- against a balance of several thousand dollars -- so it appears FIA/Fidelity will reap the benefit of an interest charge to me that I have no interest in incurring.Stay away from FIA and DO NOT be fooled into believing that Fidelity issues an American Express card.

Review about: Fia Card Services Automatic Payment Plan.

I didn't like: Self auto payment unauthorized.

2.4
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with FIA Card Service?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion