FIA Card Service - Credit card

Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I want to talk to anyone available.

Customer made 1 call to the company using contacts on our site.
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 14.

FIA Card Service - No answer to my call

Account was filed under bankruptcy in 2013 but continues to show that there is a lien on title. This account should not listed and needs to be taken care of immediately.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fia Card Service Account.

Customer made 2 calls to the company using contacts on our site.
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 05.

FIA Card Service - FIA CARD IS A NIGHTMARE!!! DO NOT GET THIS CARD!

2.0

I have been unable to close my account with this company! There is no way on their website to pay your card in full.

Only two options are (1) pay the minimum payment or (2) schedule a FIXED regular payment. WTF??? I pay my credit cards on time and in full, but this company has things rigged such that I have had to pay over $85 in late charges on a $25 balance! I had paid this card off and closed the account, only to find out by email MONTHS later there was still a balance!

No emails whatsoever prior to that time from FIA! PLEASE, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM FIDELITY FIA CARD SERVICE!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Customer service did the best they could.

I didn't like: Fia practices overall.

• Fidelity Fia Card Services
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 22, 2016.

FIA Card Service - Account locks not being resolved

2.0

Have a Fidelity FIA card. Have had 3 instances in the last 5 months where they have put my card on hold as a fraud detection issue.

Either because me or my wife are traveling and charging out of state. The hold is resolved easily over the phone answering their questions etc. BUT what has happened regularly is that subsequent transactions are NOT going through and are being declined. Some of these are automated transactions I have.

I have had t call back 3 times to get these resolved and each time AMEX say the accont is not an hold and the issue is with the vendor. The fact that this has happened 3 times each with the same issues after a fraud lock tells me it son the AMEX side but it doesn't appear to be fixed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 16, 2016.

Fia Card Service Account Review from Sagle, Idaho

Sagle, Idaho
2.7
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Rewards are good but the customer service is not Amex direct and most of the operators are clueless. Tried to access the cash advance option and spent 3 hours on the phone with no resolution.

Very few banks will process the card and those that Amex said would do it could not get it to work. Their suggestion was to goto a casino as they process these advances .....wtf. None of their operators could provide a list of banks in my town that would process this.

They were searching on Google. You would think they would have that info internally.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 12, 2016.

FIA Card Service - Lousy customer service and not really an American Express card

2.4
Interest Rate

I applied for a Fidelity American Express card based on the offer of 2% cash back on all purchases. When I got the card the paperwork informed me that the card was issued by FIA Card Services under license by American Express.

Therefore, none of the existing Amex protections apply. Nonetheless, I accepted the card. I've now tried to pay the balance due online via my Fidelity cash management account and I'm told that the account cannot be verified so I have to call customer service. (I find it odd as well as extremely inconvenient that the card account that is attached to my Fidelity account cannot be verified.) I did call customer service and they tell me I have to submit a form via snail mail to verify my account.

In the meantime, I cannot make a payment of more than $300 -- against a balance of several thousand dollars -- so it appears FIA/Fidelity will reap the benefit of an interest charge to me that I have no interest in incurring. Stay away from FIA and DO NOT be fooled into believing that Fidelity issues an American Express card.

I didn't like: Self auto payment unauthorized.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 12, 2015.

FIA CARD SERVICES UNAUTHORIZED SELF PAYMENTS

Glad I am monitor my checking account often! One day I've noticed that FIA Card Services took almost $4,000 to "auto-pay" itself w/o my authorization.

The "funny" thing was that my card balance was under $2k! When calling, they first denied it was initiated by them until I've proved with an email from their system that that the last I was online was a week prior. After 4hrs on the phone, they agree "pending" investigation on whose fault was it to refund my money AFTER 3-4 BUSINESS DAYS!! Of course, I couldn't wait that long to have $4k put back in my account so I've disputed the charge with my bank, which fixed the problem same night.

What a difference. There hundreds of similar complaints on the web. It seems someone shady company is trying to make money out of customers...too many people unhappy should send a message. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

I am getting out of FIA forever. Too bad there are linked with a great companis like Fidelity and AMEX

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: CANCEL MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER DEAL WITH BOA AGAIN.

I didn't like: Customer services, Self auto payment unauthorized.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 22, 2015.

FIA Card Service - Even Fidelity can't get FIA to respond

FIA card services supervisor/manager was suppose to get back with me. They NEVER DID.

Called Fidelity with whom I got the Am. Express card from and spoke with the presidents office. They have called FIA for the past 3 days to have them respond back to me. FIA NEVER DID respond back.

Even Fidelity can't get them to call me. Sorry Fidelity, I am currently searching elsewhere. When the host company can't get Bank of America (FIA) to respond to its customers it shows how bad BofA really is.

Too bad Fidelity name is getting dragged into the mud. Leaving both.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 16, 2015.

Comments

Why would you waste time trying to call a "monster mega-bank"? Fire them immediately.

FIA Card Service - Antiquated Technology, poor customer service

Several problems with this card. I have been trying to get my auto pay set up for 7 months.

You have to mail in a paper form. They tell me it will go through in 2-3 months. Then it doesn't and I have to resubmit and wait 2-3 months. My other credit cards allow me to set up an auto pay for the full amount within minutes.

Also, if you pay your amount off, but say for $2, they will still charge you the full interest amount. Paying off your card online is not possible. You have to call or write a check to pay off your full statement balance. Third, they turn off your credit card when you try to make "large purchases"...i.e.

$250 at Target or Walmart. I routinely make these types of purchases and find this very annoying! I had a customer service agent hang up on me when I asked her to please call me before they assume it is a fraudulent charge. I was not yelling or swearing at her.

She had just confirmed my cell number so she could have called me back. I had been on hold for 22 minutes and got disconnected and then was on hold for another 27 minutes before she answered. After 17 minutes on hold I was able to call back again to get my card turned back on.

Ridiculous!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 06, 2015.

FIA Card Services Has Terrible Customer Service; Cannot Reach Human

Interest Rate

I'm writing while on hold with FIA card services for my AmEx 2% Fidelity card. It's currently 32 minutes and counting.

The problems started when I tried to buy an airline ticket for about $300 from one European city to another. Seems like a low fraud sort of purchase since one must show id to board the plane, but apparently not to their anti-fraud computers. The charges were declined.

I called to fix the issue and...amazingly...talked to a human being. After asking a half dozen questions to verify my identity she said she'd transfer me to the fraud department. That was 34 minutes ago.

I'm on hold of course. Even their music is annoying, at least when you hear it for the 20th time.

I'd like everyone to know that FIA card services for the Fidelity AmEx is terrible. I'd communicate this to a human, if I could reach one. Instead the internet will need to suffice.

Over the past six months we've had charges declined four times, all for rather ordinary purchases. Once was for $40 of gas a few hours from home. Another time was for $400 at Wal-Mart about 15 minutes from home. In 15+ years of using multiple credit cards I'd never had any charges denied. Now, within a year, it's happened four times on one card. Interestingly, none of my other cards has had this issue.

The 2% is nice, but you pay for it with the abysmal customer service in which you cannot reach a human being. Truly, they are terrible. In the 7th circle of customer service circle *** they probably socialize with the Comcast representatives.

It's now been 38 minutes on hold. I give up. Fidelity Card Services, you won this round.

Chris C.

Arlington, VA

ps. 41 minutes and counting. I'm out.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 02, 2015.

Comments

Mcdonough, Georgia, United States #956146

FIA is a total *** company.