Not resolved

Ok, I do owe them money that I cannot in any way pay back, but how did they get a judgment in Court without having me served? I am the only adult in the house, and I DID not receive any notice, so who did they serve?

One of my kids? Could be, but I can't even get a phone message right from them!

I got a notice dated Dec. 8th that a judgment had been entered by default back in Aug.

How do they do this??

Highly illegal!! If they try to collect on this judgment, my attorney will sue the *** out of them.

Do You Have Something To Say ?

Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I would love to try to put togheter a class action against FIA card services, Please contact me, my girlfriend had wages garnished $500 a paycheck and took money out of her bank when we closed that they took it straight from her employer and they have not even taken us to court over a 2,500 debt they are illegally taking $500 every two weeks. If you have not already you should send in a consumer complaint to the attorney general and the FTC.

If anybody wants to do a class action contact me.

a person by the name "Author47" wrote a complaint here on pissed consumer titled "FIA CARD SERVICES ILLEGAL ACT$" he has had illegal activity from FIA and so have I, he was wanting to find others who have had similar experiences to try to put together a class action law suit against them and is trying to get people who have had the same problem, I also commented on his post and if anybody wants to reply to me as well, I will try to see if we can put together a class action law suit to take these crooks out of business or at least make them pay us and make their life difficult just as they have made ours. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(


Why don't you deadbeats pay your bills and none of this would be an issue. Do us a favor - cut up all your remaining credit cards so you can't use them.


My daughter received such a judgment and wage garnishment from the sheriff's dept. last month.

She was never served.

FIA used an address that she lived at 3 years ago even though they had the current address. Judgment vacated, granishment vacated and working on lower pay-off...the attorneys wasted a year in which this could have been taken care of.


I am being sued by FIA right now for a bad debt from 2005. A surgery ruined me finacially.

Bank of America wrote that debt off 3 years ago and now they are trying to collect it. I have not been formally served, yet. If they get a judgement against me and I own nothing because I am broke and can't get a job because of my age, what are they going to put a lien on. I am an old man on a fixed income.

Surely they can find a better way to spend their money and not wasting it on sueing me and others over money that they already have written off on their books years ago.

As for the people who in effect are calling us deadbeats, all I can say is walk a mile in our shoes before you judge us. We don't like not paying our debts.


you dont need alot of money to have a lawyer prepaid legal only charges 15bucks a month. And its a great service.


Go to the Clerk of the Court. Look at the file on your case.

See how they obtained service of summons in your case.

If no service, file a motion with the court to reopen your case and move for dismissal due to lack of service. Of course, you will still owe the debt and they could properly re-serve you.


serious, you can't pay your bill but you can afford an attorney? how does that work?


did they not send you notices of default. do they have to?

read their terms and conditions. if you can not repay your debt why did you not file bankruptcy?

now that they have a judgment you can not file bankruptcy on them. you might try a credit counseling place to lower the amount owed or at least get the interest stopped while you pay them back.

You May Also Like