I made the mistake of accepting an invitation to a timeshare sale while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta Mexico.A Timeshare sale is the most fraudulent deceiving sale anyone will have to face.

They get you involved and give you tequila, and make your world so good. I told them I did not have money and I was not about to pay for anything and they offer me this incredible opportunity to get a credit card from RCI Elite Rewards, not only I can afford the timeshare but they were traveling benefits with it. Poor me, I accepted, I completed the credit application and after some time I was told that they have to work really hard to get me the deal $15,000 to "Invest" on my timeshare. I fell for it.

When I came back to United States I found out that the credit I have available with a Credit card that I have been working for 20 years, with good outstanding, and use only when I really needed was gone. All the credit was "reassigned to the new credit card". I will never put my family in this situation if I have known. Economic times required you to have not only savings but credit available, and I have been really careful to keep up.

Now all the credit is gone. I asked the bank and they said they can do that without informing. I asked the bank to reverse the payment but they denied because I sign for it. I requested the cancellation of the Contract with the Mayan Palace Resorts, but they do not want to refund the money because it is 5 days over the "cancellation" policy.

I am out of credit, do not want the resort and the bank refuses to get the money back. Way to keep good customers. I will place a formal complain and I will refuse to pay the bank. I will cancel all my accounts with Bank of America and go from here.

Does anyone knows if it is legal for the bank to reassigned credit without letting you know?

Had an Experience with FIA Card Service?

Comments

This issue has been resolved satisfactorily. The Bank and Mayan Resorts were able to work with me. Thanks!

Federal law prohibits the Bank from stopping or canceling any payments that are pre authorized. However, you are able to have the bank dispute the item on your behalf make sure that you fill the back of your statement out "Customer Statement of Disputed Items" 95% of the time by doing this they are reversed and returned to you.

try taking responsibilty for your own mistakes if you were that concerned, youd know who finances your existing card and rather than just applying for new credit cards and yeah lets apply for cards in mexico...youre real concerned with who has your personal information. Just in case you didnt know you do have the ability to ask who finances R.C.I elite rewards and they woulda informed you it was through FIA card services and then you woulda been able to make an educated decision about what you should have done.